Monday, July 24, 2006

Home now

I am writing this post from my little table in the corner of the living room where I spend most of my computer time. As you might imagine, I've been released today, this morning actually.

The last few days in the hospital were nothing special. Each day was spent keeping the demons of pain at bay while trying to be more active. I'm still a bit tired and groggy so I won't fill in too many details now. Everything went very well; nurses, doctors and family were all pleased with my progress.

I managed to get a shower between naps today which gave me a chance to assess the full battleground that is my body. On the whole, I can't complain since I knew what this was going to entail. There's a nice long scar down the middle of my chest, a couple of half moon shaped scars below that where the chest tubes were placed, some deep cuts in the leg and a whole slew of dots and bruises from all the other equipment. For some reason the lower half of my left thigh is a beautiful shade of periwinkle, but they tell me that's not alarming.

I will provide more details over the coming days, but I tire now. I want to thank everyone for their kind words, well wishing and good vibes. I especially want to thank my daughters who weathered this storm I put them through like champions. I would also like to think my mother who managed the people managing my medical care without pissing anyone off too much.

Jack with a new heart...

3 Comments:

Blogger highd1 said...

Hey, maybe your mom and mine can get together so your mom can teach my mother how not to piss anyone off at the hospital!

(BIG GRIN)

...always happy to hear good news.

2:20 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

So good to hear from you. Glad to know you are home and doing as well as can be. Take it easy and rest up. We will all be here when you are ready to come out and play.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Algae said...

I'm so glad you're on the mend. You rest up now and let others take care of you.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home