Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Let's see Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance, okay let's go with Anger

I was up at sunrise for another mile walk before the neighborhood awoke. I'm feeling a bit better today, napped a lot, talked to Dr Mom twice and blah, blah, blah.

I'm going to fast forward to the heart of the matter, no pun intended. I was out shopping with my daughters today and we stopped for lunch. We stopped, God forbid of all places at McDonald's. Which apparently means that I'm stupid and I'm going to have to schedule another heart surgery within a few months or something. Or so I hear...

Here's this thing, my heart surgery doesn't give the people around me the sudden high moral ground to pass judgment on every decision I make in my life of what food to put in my mouth. Honestly, it is insulting to suggest that somehow it's all been that simple; that I ate myself into my heart problems.

So I'm going to sum it up for the person who made these comments and everyone else who seems to think they can comment on my diet and lifestyle: Fuck off or be prepared to to get the same in return. I can be a big grievent flaming asshole right back. Everything that happens to you both personally and medically can probably be oversimplified into something simple and insulting. You want to play this game? Well game on...

On the other hand if you want to discuss such things civilly I'm more than happy to explain things including how I got here, and how I plan to not be back here again. And then let's talk about your health for a bit...

Jack

1 Comments:

Blogger highd1 said...

Here! Here! I'm with ya man! Doctors told my mother when I was born that I wouldn't live to be 14. Boy wouldn't they be surprised! There's a whole list of crap I ain't supposed to be doing - but do I listen? Noooo.

I met a diabetic who's losing appendages everytime I talk to him but he refuses to curb his diet. He abides by the same philosophy as I - to live life in the fullest sense possible!

No one can live your life for you even if they try really, really hard. (cyber-ly sticking my tongue at all those critics)

We are all thrilled that you are here to enlighten OUR hearts and minds with your presence today.

God bless you babe.

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home